17.9.13

What's PIF anyways?

“Well, I made a difference to that one!” The old man looked at the girl inquisitively and thought about what she had said and done. Inspired, he joined the little girl in throwing starfish back into the sea. Soon others joined, and all the starfish were saved. - adapted from the Star Thrower by Loren C. Eiseley
What does "Pay it Forward" (PIF) mean?
"Paying it Forward" and performing random acts of kindness has become the norm for my daughter and I. It is our lifestyle, who we are and how we go about our day interacting with people.  We keep hand written letters and spare change in my car at all times so that in whatever we are doing we are able to spread love easily and abundantly. As we are driving to and from school my daughter will spot a homeless person on the street side and ask if we can give him a letter and spare change. And since we have them already written, we can! Thus making it so we are able to impact more people. Paying it forward is our way of life. But as we have passed out letters, flowers, or change we quite often receive puzzled looks. It has made me realize that not everyone knows what this term even means and this saddens me. My life is permeated with kindness, love and happiness. I start my morning off with yoga, then I listen to my latest inspirational podcast and head to class. We make it a goal to spread love to at least one person before we arrive at our destination. I never thought that others would have no clue as to this treasure, this amazing gift we experience on a daily basis by giving to others. So how do we insight people on the gift of Paying it Forward? What does this term mean to you?

So I am starting another Giveaway!! How would you describe the meaning of "Pay it Forward" to a complete stranger? Or define the term "Pay it forward" in your own words

Enter your answers below in the comments box or post it on facebook.com/deap. You will automatically be entered into a giveaway. Deadline is 9.27.2013

Keep Spreading Love


No comments:

Post a Comment